Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home | News | Site Map
Frequently asked about links:

Active Topics Around the Forums

Current SEPTA's Bus & Light Rail Assignments by Depot (includes Norristown High Speed Line)
Push Pull Assignments
Vehicle Overhaul Status Page
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SEPTA uniforms; Changing?
Topic Started: Jul 28 2009, 04:55 PM (1,286 Views)
TransitChuckG
Foamer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I heard there is a good possibility that SEPTA may be changing their operator uniforms in 2010.
I have no specifics on this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

septafan
Member Avatar
Da Real deal Bus Driver @ Southern
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I heard something about that also people are saying we may wear polo type shirts and the logo may change but i not sure in what kind of way

TRANSIT_FREAK
Member Avatar
to Life, Love & LOOT
I saw a driver in a polo type shirt yesterday. I am not too much of a fan with the fade patch on the right shoulder.

Van2006ko
Foamer
I saw a higher senority driver on the 52 wearing a light blue polo shirt. The SEPTA design on it was different as well..

ctrabs74
Member Avatar
Foamer
Red Arrow operators have had the option to wear polo shirts since at least 1998 or 1999; some still choose to wear the traditional shirt. I believe the TWU tried that out a few years ago, but I haven't seen too many City or Frontier operators wear those shirts.

Subway and El operators have been wearing dark blue polo shirts for some time, as well...

TRANSIT_FREAK
Member Avatar
to Life, Love & LOOT
Did I mention he was a senior from the city like Kman said? Forgot to mention that.

Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
TransitChuckG
Jul 28 2009, 04:55 PM
I heard there is a good possibility that SEPTA may be changing their operator uniforms in 2010.
Ive been hearing rumor Baltimore MTA may be doing the same thing. But the operator who told me said that he heard it from other co workers. So I wonder if TAs are switching to polo shirts as part of their uniform to replace the button up shirts. Or they may be stopping the light blue shirts. And in Baltimores case hopefully stopping the maroon for the sweater color. Which I think navy blue is probably a better choice for sweaters and sweater vests instead of maroon. Maybe black would also be good but I think the black only goes good with black pants and not navy blue pants.

ctrabs74
Member Avatar
Foamer
Nabi60SFW9620
Jul 29 2009, 08:14 PM
TransitChuckG
Jul 28 2009, 04:55 PM
Ive been hearing rumor Baltimore MTA may be doing the same thing. But the operator who told me said that he heard it from other co workers. So I wonder if TAs are switching to polo shirts as part of their uniform to replace the button up shirts. Or they may be stopping the light blue shirts. And in Baltimores case hopefully stopping the maroon for the sweater color. Which I think navy blue is probably a better choice for sweaters and sweater vests instead of maroon. Maybe black would also be good but I think the black only goes good with black pants and not navy blue pants.
When I was down in Baltimore last December, I saw some Baltimore operators wearing bow ties as part of their uniform - which is something that I've never seen on any other transit system, and something that makes it unique, to say the least.

Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
In Baltimore drivers have to wear long sleeve shirts and ties in the winter. And shirts do have to be tucked in. They do have the options of wearing sweaters if they wish to do so. Most do some wear the sweater vest and others do not wear sweaters. Now days operators have to wear ties with the long sleeve shirts. So operators who only wear long sleeves have to wear the tie year round. Which I think is wrong since its not really comfortable to wear a tie for 8 hours.

In 2000 they started selling smocks as part of the uniforms. Which are the short sleeve shirts with the bottom pockets. They stopped selling them after 2004. Then drivers were allowed to wear their shirts not tucked and that stopped after 2004. But smocks can still be worn until they ware out and once they ware out thats it. And operators who started after 04 never got them. Then in 2000 shorts were allowed but had to be at least knee length. But starting in either summer of 01 or summer of 02 too many drivers used to wear them too short. So after receiving numerous complaints and catching too many operators red handed MTA decided shorts are no longer allowed. So since 2003 they have not allowed operators to wear shorts. And who knows. DART First State probably had the same issue and it wouldnt surprise me if they did.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Operations · Next Topic »
Add Reply