Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home | News | Site Map
Frequently asked about links:

Active Topics Around the Forums

Current SEPTA's Bus & Light Rail Assignments by Depot (includes Norristown High Speed Line)
Push Pull Assignments
Vehicle Overhaul Status Page
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Route C Public Hearing
Topic Started: Nov 29 2011, 03:59 PM (2,552 Views)
Jayayess1190
Member Avatar
Foamer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why doesn't Septa just change it and not care who doesn't like it? The C will still be there, just with numbers.
Edited by Jayayess1190, Nov 29 2011, 05:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TRANSIT_FREAK
Member Avatar
to Life, Love & LOOT
RedArrowDoug
Nov 29 2011, 05:28 PM
Also buses displaying FERN ROCK instead of 11TH &NEDRO might help. Most people know of Fern Rock Transportation Center but ask most people and they could not tell you what the intersection is. Many don't associate Fern Rock with 11th & Nedro since the Route C hides around the corner and down the street from the other routes. Only those who ride the C to 11th & Nedro may know this.
That walk for Fern Rock (From the Train) to The C is a (bitch) killer.

septa2218
Advanced Transit Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now understand the reasoning behind the renaming route C into 4 and 16, I don't like it but I UNDERSTAND IT. But wtf did they have to change the H and XH. They are still going to be very similar routes and there is no real difference in the distinction of the naming of H and XH to 41 and 45 !!! Smh

RedArrowDoug
Transit Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
septa2218
Nov 29 2011, 05:52 PM
Now understand the reasoning behind the renaming route C into 4 and 16, I don't like it but I UNDERSTAND IT. But wtf did they have to change the H and XH. They are still going to be very similar routes and there is no real difference in the distinction of the naming of H and XH to 41 and 45 !!! Smh
No decision has been made on what numbers would be used yet. We are just thinking. 86 would be nice. SEPTA has never used that route number. It was once a PTC route in NE Philly but never made it to SEPTA years. How about Route 87. 87 was used for an experimental route that only last a few weeks. The last real 87 bus was also a PTC NE Philly bus route long gone. 81,82,83,85,86,87 are all open. I would give R the 41. It is the reverse of 14 which operates on the Roosevelt Blvd.

septa2218
Advanced Transit Fan
RedArrowDoug
Nov 29 2011, 07:01 PM
septa2218
Nov 29 2011, 05:52 PM
No decision has been made on what numbers would be used yet. We are just thinking. 86 would be nice. SEPTA has never used that route number. It was once a PTC route in NE Philly but never made it to SEPTA years. How about Route 87. 87 was used for an experimental route that only last a few weeks. The last real 87 bus was also a PTC NE Philly bus route long gone. 81,82,83,85,86,87 are all open. I would give R the 41. It is the reverse of 14 which operates on the Roosevelt Blvd.
No matter what numbers they decide to use, I still don't see the point in changing H nd the XH to numbered routes. They are already considered seperate routes anyway. I somewat agree on seperate suchedules but I don't see the need for letter to numbered routes
Edited by septa2218, Nov 29 2011, 08:47 PM.

Mark
Member Avatar
Advanced Transit Fan
If SEPTA wants to change the H-XH to numbers, then they should choose consecutive numbers to differentiate the routes since they share the same route from Germantown to the Erie Station. Since the only set of consecutive numbers are in the 80's [with the exception of 80, 84, 88, 89], that's where they should choose the numbers.

While they're at it, maybe SEPTA could change the 19 to 69 since that route shares the trunk route between FTC and Cottman ave with the 67.

TransitChuckG
Foamer
Jayayess1190
Nov 29 2011, 05:34 PM
Why doesn't Septa just change it and not care who doesn't like it? The C will still be there, just with numbers.
SEPTA has hearings and people input their ideas, then 9 times out of 10, does what they planned to do anyway. You guys are trying, and that's commendable, but for nil.
I'm still laughing at the change to the 92, it takes forever to get from Exton to K of P via. West Chester.

http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/pdf/092.pdf
If you like riding buses, this is a ride for you.
Edited by TransitChuckG, Nov 30 2011, 05:51 PM.

RedArrowDoug
Transit Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TransitChuckG
Nov 30 2011, 04:05 PM
Jayayess1190
SEPTA has hearings and people input their ideas, then 9 times out of 10, does what they planned to do anyway. You guys are trying, and that's commendable, but for nil.
I'm still laughing at the change to the 92, it takes forever to get from Exton to K of P via. West Chester.
Somehow and someway the 92 will be revised again. Remember when they split it up into Routes 92 and 133. After a few years it went back to the former 92 set up. We told them it wouldn't work at the public hearing. They didn't listen. They ended up looking like morons when they returned the 92 to it former King of Prussia to West Chester route. Watch! The same thing will happen again. I know the guys at service planning. Some of my ideas have come to reality but at the same time they just don't get it when we tell them it won't work. We told them it was a bad idea to merge the 92 and 314. The problem is SEPTA wants one route to do everything.

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
It's too bad the 306 couldn't have taken over the old 314 somehow, ending up at Paoli

TransitChuckG
Foamer
RedArrowDoug
Nov 30 2011, 05:21 PM
TransitChuckG
Nov 30 2011, 04:05 PM
Jayayess1190
Somehow and someway the 92 will be revised again. Remember when they split it up into Routes 92 and 133. After a few years it went back to the former 92 set up. We told them it wouldn't work at the public hearing. They didn't listen. They ended up looking like morons when they returned the 92 to it former King of Prussia to West Chester route. Watch! The same thing will happen again. I know the guys at service planning. Some of my ideas have come to reality but at the same time they just don't get it when we tell them it won't work. We told them it was a bad idea to merge the 92 and 314. The problem is SEPTA wants one route to do everything.
Thanks, Doug, some of us should be planners..

Oh, some of the layovers at Exton are sweet ,about 20-30 minutes, time to go into the mall for a break and snack. I've seen buses parked on the left or right side of the pad. if they are on the right, others buses just pull around them, Krapf's and the 204.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Operations · Next Topic »
Add Reply